There are three ways to obtain a residency in Dubai. In this guide on how to get permanent residency in Dubai, all three ways will be discussed.
Dubai is a country of dreams. Nowadays, almost everyone is trying to get there and build a career. The main reason behind this is that the standard of living and security in Dubai is way better than in many countries in the world. Moreover, regarding career growth, Dubai holds a high place as well. This guide will surely help you if you are looking for ways how to get permanent residency in Dubai.
In this guide, we have described when and who should apply for the residence visa, which are the new requirements for obtaining Dubai residency, three ways of getting a residence in Dubai, and which documents you will need while applying for residency in Dubai.
Who Should Apply For The Residency Visa in Dubai Based on Requirements?
Starting with describing who should apply for the residency in Dubai may seem a little bit useless because sometimes people think the person who wants to get the residency should apply by himself. However, it’s not always the case.
There are some conditions where this changes. Have a look at the following scenarios and their reaction.
- People from nations other than the Gulf Cooperation Council should apply for residency. Also, if you are applying through registering your business, you will apply yourself as well.
- When someone wants to get residency in Dubai through employment, then, the employer must apply on the employee’s behalf.
- Third, if someone wants to obtain residency via family, then, the family person should apply on their behalf.
Some New Requirements
Recently, the government of Dubai has introduced some new requirements regarding residency in Dubai. According to the new rules, if you are going to apply for residency through employment then, you will need to submit a good character certificate that can be obtained from your country.
Read Also: 7 Strong Reasons to start a career in Dubai
Three Ways To Get a Permanent Residency in Dubai
There are three ways to obtain residency in Dubai. All three are listed below. Let’s discuss each in detail.
1. Obtaining Residency For Family Members
Obtaining residency for family members in Dubai is not that difficult. However, certain requirements should be met.
- First, you can only apply for immediate family members such as spouses, children, and even parents.
- Second, the applicant must hold an income of at least 3000 AED to 4000 AED. Additional expenses are up to the applicant.
- For bringing the family to Dubai, the applicant must also submit an entry residence visa on the family’s behalf as early as 30 days before their arrival.
- Last but not least, when applying for family residency, the applicant should submit the required documents, for example, marriage certificates, and salary pay slips, along with the family members’ identification.
2. Obtaining Residency Via Employment in Dubai
Most often, people obtain residency in Dubai through employment. Here are some steps that should be taken while applying for residency in Dubai through employment.
- First of all, the applicant must be given an entry permit that will enable him to enter Dubai before obtaining the residency.
- Since the employer will apply on the employee’s behalf, hence, the company should also submit its business license and apply for hiring a foreign employee.
- Residency should be obtained within three months of entry permit unless the entry permit expires.
3. Obtaining Residence Through Company Registration
You can also obtain a residency visa in Dubai by registering your company in one of the Emirates. This will also allow you to hire people in Dubai and become a shareholder as well. The duration of this visa is only three years but it can be renewed always.
Read Also: Which Gulf country is best for a job? (Competitive Comparison)
Documents Essential to Apply for Residence in Dubai
Here is a complete list of documents that will be required.
- Application Form
- Copies of Passport
- Birth certificate
- Driving license
- Marriage certificate (if required)
- Copies of qualification degrees
In this guide, we have explained how to get a residency in Dubai. To conclude, there are three different ways of getting residency in Dubai. You can choose any of them according to your choice and circumstances. But always remember to gather the required documents that are mentioned in the last section of this guide unless you may face some inconvenience.